Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Sufficiently Awkward

I have the best luck with teachers. Seriously. If there are 2 things in life I am uncannily good at, its picking teachers and picking the best watermelon. Ever need an amazing watermelon then I'm your girl. Back to classes, genetics was awesome. I love genetics. Call me a geek but I absolutely ADORE punnet squares. So an entire course based on the stuff that make punnet squares possible is alright in my book. English was fun. I have it with my bff who shares my first name. [Awkward moment 1: A guy was SO checking out my legs but I was wearing straight leg jeans...O_o] The prof. I was supposed to have retired so we had the tutoring center guy. He was on red bull. I bet 20 bucks he was. Anyway, it was still a boring class. SO Courtney and I passed a note back and forth. The note started with Courtney's remark on our prof's likely-hood of being on redbull. It ended with us discussing our mom's having teenie moments over Rick Springfield. Joe Jonas's Single Ladies Dance was even mentioned. English is gonna be epic.

Work. I got a freshman!! I was in dog room so I got to train a new person! Her name is Kerri. She's sweet. We got done in really good time too! :D It's so weird to be training new people. I was a new people a year ago! [Awkward moment 2: The new guy Nate kept looking at me. O_o.]

Mandell [the other lab building] people and Allman [the lab I work in] people are trying to make peace. There has been a bit of competition between the two labs. Basically the relationship is now as follows: Allman people and Mandell people are awesome together accept for Amanda. She likes me b/c I worked with her but she doesn't give the time of day to anyone she hasn't worked with. [Awkward moment 3: Birthday cards for all lab employees. Allman signed everyones. Amanda only signed the people she knew.]

8pm. "Mandatory" hall meeting OR birthday party with cake. Decisions, decisions...Cake won. So I went to leave for the party just as the RA's were coming around to rangle people to the meeting. I ran. Went to the party with my work bff Lauren. Besides 4 or 5 of the 25 people at the party, we knew no one. Cake was AMAZING. But the rest of the party = Awkward Moment 4. The party is now dubbed the sufficiently awkward birthday party by Lauren and I. Was the cake worth the awkward? HECK YES. Cake makes the world go round. Maybe. It's just a theory.

People in my dorm are really weird. Me: 9:45pm. I go brush my teeth in my pj's. Not really that strange. It's actually NORMAL. *GASP* I walk back to my room. The girls wearing running outfits walking past me: give me weird looks b/c I'm in pj's, not about to go running. Me: O_o I'm weird? They are going for a RUN at 10 pm. WTF?

Christa Black. If there are ever words to describe just how amazing she is, I hope I'm alive to hear them. seriously. Every single blog she writes just inspires me to be the best me I can be. Right now I am catching up on all her old posts. One of the posts I read today had to do with religion. She said something about how she hates religion. that God isn't religion. I so agree. I've been going to church since I was 3. After I got confirmed, it was really rare if I ever felt anything in church. Ever. My dad's becoming a pastor so I've known a LOT of the behind the scenes things that go on. More than I should. The church is so caught up on who is right and whether or not everyone else agrees and who is in control and blah blah blah. It's horrible. It's so hard learning just how horrible someone is even though you respected them for years prior. I always say I miss church, but when I get the chance to go, I can't wait until its over. What I miss is how church used to feel when I was a kid. In fact, the only time I really feel anything is when children are involved in the service. I don't ever want to grow up so much that I forget how it feels to be in awe when I go to church. I think that's what's wrong with the church. The adults in charge forgot how it feels to see God through a child's eyes.

Anyway, the only other thing I really have to say is that I made it until 8 pm wearing heels today. They are my comfy pair so my feet don't really hurt much. My roomie thinks I'm nuts. I feel accomplished for making it through the day in heels.

Oodles of noodles!! <3

PS in my english class, there was a guy who didn't show up. Name: Nicholas Lucas. Ironic? I thought so. Sad he didn't show up? Kinda more like devastated. How awesome would it be if he looked like Nick Jonas?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm, I may have to start reading Christa's blog! That actually made sense what you said about religion & church. I just accept what people believe in & don't question them!
NICHOLAS LUCAS! LOL!

corkZILLA said...

You should!!
:D
And that makes you an amazing person!! <3
Yep. lol

Anonymous said...

You'll have to send me the link later!
Thanks!
PS. I feel for you & your discovery with Nicholas! His nickname/codename will be NL!

Post a Comment