Monday, December 07, 2009

I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Song of the Day: Bad Romance - Lady Gaga. She's awesome. Insane...but awesome. I'm getting her cd for Christmas ;)

So, I'm sick. Sinus infection. :( This all started last Thursday. It wasn't too bad until Friday night. Then I thought I got an ear infection as well. The health center is closed on weekends so I had to wait until today to see anyone. Turns out the pressure from my sinus is just making my ear drum swell but otherwise its fine. i.e. I get to feel all the effects of an ear infection without an infection. :\ So they gave me a nasal decongestant and more ibuprofen. they prescribed flonase so I had to get that today. TOOK FOREVER. I asked a certain person, who we'll call Leah for all intensive purposes, to drive me to CVS to get the flonase. She said no. I'll rant about her later. I then had to ask my roomie, Kyrstin to drive me to CVS. She had to drop off papers at her work which is coincidentally right next to CVS so that worked out. We went. I tried to get my medicine. Turns out I needed an insurance card in addition to my medical card. Therefore no medicine for me. That or I could have paid $74 cash which I don't have the $$ for. So we came to campus. I called my mom. She found a way for me to print an id card off of our insurance company profile online. So back to CVS we went. There was no id on the id card. I called my mom. Again. She gave me the id. Third time trying to get my meds worked. I am 100% sure that the person who helped me thought I was stupid. Not my fault getting medicine is so freaking hard. Especially when you're sick and tired. So now I can kind of breath and I'm feeling better. :)

Rant about "Leah" time.
So I am really close to Leah. She's one of my best friends. Lately though she's been hanging out with frat boys and the drama club which shouldn't be a problem but she's changing. She is way different than she used to be. Some days she doesn't speak to me but then she'll talk to me like she used to. Her confidence has gone up and that's good but her decision making skills have plummeted. And they weren't that great to begin with. I'm worried about her. Also she's been shirking on her responsibilities. She hasn't shown up to this one class so she might fail it. She says she doesn't come because its boring but she CHOSE to take it. She has to show up. Not to mention she could lose some of her scholarship if she doesn't pass this class. And then today I talked with her (kind of...I can't really talk much) in gym and at breakfast this morning. She saw how bad I felt and such. So when I asked if she could drive me to get medicine she said no because she thinks she might be "running low on gas". Okay so basically the few dollars you'd spend on gas taking me to CVS is more important than my getting the medication I need so I don't feel like crap. Nice to know where I stand in your life. I told her it was okay that she couldn't drive me but really it makes my livid. We're best freaking friends!! I would do just about anything for you!! And you can't spare an hour of your time and a few dollars in gas so I can get medicine? Yeah. So now my plan is to ignore her. Immature but its easy because she doesn't talk to me half the time anyway any more. And there is no talking to her that you aren't okay with something. She says she won't blow up or anything if you're honest but she does get mad. I would know. We were best friends. It hurts to be losing her but if this is who she wants to be then that's her choice. I just can't believe it.
Rant over.

Saturday night was the winter formal. It was oodles of fun! I went with a bunch of people from work and didn't know anybody else there so I felt kind of like a third wheel but whatever. There was a guy who did the ENTIRE single ladies dance. It was amazing!! :)

Sunday was my chorus concert. I could pretty much sing everything except the higher notes because of my throat. My Pap-Pap made it down. :D We went to dinner at Panera. That place is so amazing. If you haven't eaten there, you should!! <3>

I'm exhausted so I'm going to sleep.
Lots of love!!!
<3333333333333333333333333333

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like that song! That's just ridiculous about the medicine. What kind of best friend denies someone of a trip to CVS for medicine?! That's not very nice! Hahaha, Single Ladies dance! I love Panera bread!

Post a Comment