Monday, June 28, 2010 - Beach Day 1
Wake up at 5am. Leave for the beach.
Sleep in the car.
Stop at Bethany Beach to waste time before hotel check in.
Lunch at Grotto's Pizza.
Hotel check in. We stayed in the Econo Lodge on 145th St. in OC, MD.
Teenie over how much more awesome the hotel is this year compared to the horrible one we stayed in last year. (NEVER stay in a Rodeway Inn. EVER.)
Drive up and down the Coastal Highway because my family has never been to OC before except me. (2006 for a week with Natalie, my BFF Eternally)
Make sammiches for dinner. (our hotel had a mini kitchen. Legit awesome.)
Take pictures from balcony. (stayed on the third floor)
Discover how incredibly fascinating it is to throw pop corn off the balcony. (Cayla and I had a see-who-can-catch-popcorn-with-their-mouth-the-most-contest. We threw the ones we dropped off the balcony.)
Drive back up to Rehobeth (30 minutes away) so Leigh can get a phone card at Walmart.
They didn't have any so we went to Rite Aid. They had some.
Went to K-Mart. I bought a pair of hip/hop sneakers for $5. My randomly pointless purchase for vacation.
Back to hotel in the middle of a thunder storm.
Sleep.
Tuesday, June 29, 2010 - Rehobeth Beach
Set alarm for 5 am to see sunrise (attempt #1: snooze on but my dad shuts it off and falls back asleep. FAILURE.)
Wake up at 7:45am. Get ready. Eat breakfast.
Drive to Rehobeth.
Hot and overcast. :/
Shop a little.
Sammiches we packed for lunch and Thrasher's fries. :D
More shopping.
Walk a little on the beach.
Ice cream.
Shop.
Leave for OC.
Find out our cousin Jimmy and his wife, Steph, and their adorable kids, Abby and Alex, are in OC on 46th St.
Dinner at Nick's Original House of Ribs <3>
Meet up with aforementioned cousins to walk the boardwalk. (Complete winning at life ensues.)
Hotel. grapes and cheese. Sleep.
Wednesday, June 30, 2010
5 am alarm clock: Parents get up but let us sleeping. the sky is cloudy and it's cold out. FAILURE.
Wake up at 8am. Get ready.
Walk down a couple blocks to a store that turns out is closed on Wednesdays.
Drive down the highway, stopping at random places to shop that all sell the same stuff.
Bought me loads of the marvelousness that is Grape Laces <33333>
Sammiches at the hotel for lunch but I had my Nick's House of Ribs leftovers. :)
Go to the movies to watch Twilight: Eclipse. (I think it was better than the last two movies. Less stuttering and more Jasper. :D)
Hang out at hotel for a bit then parents decide to eat dinner in Rehobeth.
We drive to Rehobeth.
Eat at the most yummy food at gofish!: a british fish and chips shop. SO GOOD. We got Sticky Toffee Pudding for dessert. Best.Food.Ever.Created.
Back to hotel.
Walked on the beach.
Grapes and cheese while watching tv.
sleep.
Thursday, July 1, 2010 - Boardwalk
5 am alarm clock: parents are awake so they shut off the alarm. Next thing we know its 7:30am. FAILURE.
Wake up. Get ready. Drive down the highway to 21st Street. Park.
Boardwalk shopping until noon when we have lunch at The Dough Roller. (Fact:
Grotto's Pizza >>>> the Dough Roller. )
More shopping and boardwalking.
Walk along the inlet. Watch a fisherman catch and release a manta ray.
Dad has conversation with said fisherman.
Walk along the beach. Parents stop and watch life guards going through training. *awkward*
Ride the tram back to 15th street. (there was a really obnoxious and loud lady that we had to listen to for about 50 minutes. She kept saying how she wishes she could see Tom Cruise in his bathing suit. Gag.Me.With.A.Spoon.)
4pm: arrive at English's Seafood/Beef/Chicken Buffet. WORST IDEA EVER.
Do yourself a HUGE FAVOR: Never ever ever eat here if you go to OC, MD. It was all normal food like mashed potatoes, burgers, mac and cheese, salad bar, roast beef, fried chicken, etc. Their seafood: fish fillet and steamed shrimp. Afterwords all of our stomachs hurt. It was horrible. The waitress was nice though.
Left for the hotel.
Spotted a Blockbuster going out of business: all dvd's $4.99, everything else was at least 40% off. I bought The Ugly Truth, Harry Potter & the HBP, Imagine That, and All About Steve. They also had movie/tv mini poster card things 20 for a dollar, so Leigh and I each got 20. I'm using mine as wall paper for my dorm. ;) The guy running the store was coincidentally blasting All Time Low. Leigh had a convo with him about our whole Bamboozle dilemma and how awesome ATL is. Turns out the guy also hates Boys Like Girls. So that was a win.
Back to the hotel.
My parents and I walked on the beach and searched for shells and stuff.
Hotel. Snackage. Sleep.
Friday, July 2, 2010 - Last Day
5 am alarm clock: final attempt: SUCCESS. The sunrise was so beautiful but the wind was hurting my ears so I didn't stay long.
Nap. Ate Fractured Prune donuts and coffee <3
Packed. checked out.
Drove to Bethany beach and walked around a bit. Shopped.
Drove to Rehobeth. Shopped some. Had lunch at Grotto's.
Shopped some more.
Drove to downtown Rehobeth and shopped at the Tanger Outlets.
FINALLY found shorts I could afford and that I liked at Charlotte Russe. (They had a buy one get one free sale so I got 3 pairs of really good shorts and a vest thingy for $39. The lady gave me this ginormous bag though. Kinda ridiculous.)
Then we officially headed home.
And that was my vacation. :D It was oodles of fun, and it went by so fast. I miss the beach but I miss all of you lovely people more <3333333333333
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I miss the beach, just saying! It sounds like you had lots of fun! I missed you while you were on vacation...for real.
WE NEED TO GO TO THE BEACH TOGETHER. FOR REAL!!
Post a Comment